Sunday 18 March 2012

HOW I MAKE MONEY FROM MY WEBSITE SELLING NOTHING

I had previously wrote about how I make money online and promised to share how I make money online selling nothing, with you. The greatest ways I make money online is placing google adsense and Chitika adsense on my websites.
Being that bloggers find it difficult to get approval for google adsense, especially in Nigeria were it can take more than 6 months. Another best alternative I will love to introduce Nigerians into is the Chitika. Chitika have been around for a while and I joined them pretty much at the start. They are owned by yahoo and approval is faster (about 3 days) and I use it comfortably along google adsense without any problem.

With Chitika and google adsense you can make much money from your website. Some people even make up to $3000 per month depending on your traffic... no products sold, Just good contents.

Chitika PPC ad units
Chitika now provide several ways to monetize your site, I will concentrate on their eMiniMalls as that is the system I use. eMiniMalls are ad units available in the standard sizes that display products to your visitors.
Every time a visitor clicks on the advert on your website or article, you earn an amount depending on the product and other factors that Chitika keep secret. It's like Adsense in many ways.
The information you are interested in is how the ad units perform. Well I can't give out specifics but per click I am getting on average about 20 something cents and the CTR is good. You can also use Chitika on the same page as Adsense.
Another thing I like about them is that they pay via PayPal and check which is more convenient for Nigerians, 

Chitika affiliate program
There is also an affiliateprogram which I haven't really pushed that much but it seem quite generous compared to similar services. When you refer another publisher you get 10% of any earnings for 15 months.
I would recommend using Chitika for product based sites as this. The ads available tend to be electronics orientated. I use the service on my MP3 player site, I shouldn't think the ads would work very well on non product sites.
Get Chitika Premium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Drop your comment